Thursday, March 18, 2010

Podcasts

I love YouTube and have used the "Dewey Rap" and the "Gotta Keep Reading" videos with my students this year. Those are so well done and the students LOVED watching them. Thank goodness our school district unblocked the YouTube website this year.

Hopefully I will be posting some of the videos I make at school on TeacherTube at some point. Right now I'm not comfortable posting videos featuring students, and the ones with teachers use copyrighted music so we can only use them in school.

Unlike some others I didn't have any problem setting up a NetLibrary account. They must have fixed their "issues." I could read Anne of Green Gables at my computer or download it but The Lightning Thief was not available.

I am more a reader and a watcher than a listener, so audio podcasts are not my favorite thing. I still haven't gotten into audiobooks and don't even listen to music when I'm working, although I do listen while I'm driving so I can loudly sing along. I already had the KERA podcasts in my RSS feeds so didn't add a new one although I did find several very interesting ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment