Saturday, February 13, 2010

Social Bookmarking and Wikis

After visiting Delicious and setting up an account I realized that I should have done it at school instead of from home since most of the sites I wanted to bookmark are at school. Almost instantaneously I realized that that was why I needed Delicious, so that after I get the websites from school added I will be able to access them from home. Clever. Once I get the information from the two computers together I'll be able to plan lessons from home much more easily. I'm looking forward to that.

Moving on to wikis, I am very familiar with wikis and have always had a concern about the fact that anyone can edit anything on a true wiki. That is why I have a modified wiki on my school website where students can add to their classmates' comments, but can't change them. Kiera, go look at what your new second-favorite movie is on our HEB 23 Wiki and you'll see what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. ROFL! Delightful, Beth. That's my concern about wikis, too. Can you modify the comments from the beginning? Just in case? I'm heading over to your school website to see your wiki right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish you could have put something on there that was at least classy...Ghostbusters, puh-lease!!!

    Yes, the fact that any can modify a wiki does worry me, but you can put measures in place to prevent some of it, which I'm glad you did on your library wiki. I didn't think I needed to on our HEB23 Wiki, but maybe I was wrong!

    kiera

    ReplyDelete